Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do Movies Annoy You Too??

*Warning: I need to complain*

So the husband and I get the mail today and we have a movie waiting for us.  YAY!  We used to love this...get a movie in the mail, put the kids to bed early, pop some popcorn and enjoy a cheap mini-date.  But it seems that lately, every single movie we watch SUCKS (I gotta keep it real here and cannot think of any other word to better describe it)!  Are we just prudes or do you agree? Either the movie (and we choose the popular ones) is perverted, extremely violent, full of cursing (and I mean every other word) or leaves you asking, "what the heck..." after devoting 2+ hours to it.  We've actually had to turn off a few movies because of how offensive they were.  Don't get me wrong, every now and then a good one comes along, but for the most part we are just left feeling so blah and drained after watching some (most) of the crap thats out there.  

Whew.  I feel a little better.

2 comments:

Tonya Ingram said...

Oh I totally agree! The percentage of those crappy movies compared to the fun, family-friendly, love, Godly movies, etc... is probably 90% crap to 10% good. I feel your pain. Most of our movie collection is movies made for movies, and those are good, but when you want an adult movie, it's kinda hard to find. It disgusts me how filthy people are.... they really have no clue what they sound like, or rather don't care.

I wish the guys that made Fireproof and Facing the Giants made a movie at least every 6 months. Oh, there is this new movie that came out, have you heard about "A Letter to Dad"... it's supposed to be really good, although it may not be on Netflix.

my life: said...

I agree with you on this one! My husband do the mini date thing as well...but we go to Redbox...new releases for $1...Yay!!!

Anyway...have you seen The Secret Life of Bees??? If not, put it on your list :0)