Today I ordered Emma's curriculum for this upcoming school year!!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
It was SO hard to choose! Mostly for two reasons:
1) I was getting so much advice from so many different homeschooling Mom's that I was just all over the place researching this and that. One said that they loved a certain curriculum and the other said she hated it...and so on. I decided to follow my gut (which typically steers me in the right direction).
2) The curriculum that I kept gravitating towards (Sonlight) was BY FAR the most expensive one I came across, which is always pretty typical for me - If I like it, its usually the most expensive one, danggit! But in my defense, its all inclusive and I don't have to spend time doing lesson plans, which I spent the past year doing. With the baby coming, running my business, leading a woman's group and on and on and on.... I just can't stress about creating lesson plans this year.
But something awesome happened this month:
In just two weeks I booked 4 weddings, more than covering the Sonlight curriculum with some to spare. Praise God! Now that I think about it I don't really recall bringing this to Him in prayer recently, but I struggled with it for months. He knows me and He is faithful!
Emma and I are super excited about this upcoming year as we officially embark on homeschooling! Please pray for us during this time! I'm sure it will be interesting, to say the least! :)
p.s. Thank you Paula, for giving me peace and encouragement during this time! I am SO SO SO thankful to have you mentor me through this! Love ya!
Friday, July 17, 2009
I've decided not to get a maternity bathing suit.
I went last night with my sis and realized that there are only 2 months left of summer and I'm not big enough for a big old maternity tankini. Plus, I don't want to spend the money on something I'll never wear again.
So, I guess I'll rock the bikini preg with a tank over it or something. I did it with Emma (minus the tank, but I was in shape and 10 lbs. lighter then). I wasn't pregnant during the summer with Brody, but did have him May 2008 and wore a really cute one piece for the first time in years (which is too big now).
Here is Nicole Richie....what do you think of pregnant women in bikini's?
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Wow. 100 posts!
Its been awhile so here's the latest:
- No, I didn't get the WE show, but I'm okay with that. The competitor in me would have LOVED the bragging rights and business exposure, but the wife/mom/homeschooler/pregnant chick/business owner/church volunteer in me thinks that this is best for our family. Still, I'm pretty honored that I made the top 5 out of nearly 200 wedding planners interviewed. What a great experience!
- I'm now 12 1/2 weeks along and still not in maternity clothes. This reminds me of my pregnancy with Emma (wasn't in maternity until 14 weeks). Or, to be completely honest, it could be that I'm a size larger than I was so squeezing into my clothes isn't really a problem.
- I'm super excited about this week because my youngest sister, Megan, is coming for a visit tomorrow- Monday! She doesn't know it yet, but I bought the Ann of Green Gables movies (they had a box set at Best Buy) and we're gonna have an Ann Shirley Marathon!!! I bet she'll be THRILLED! Of course we'll do our usual: sushi, beach, maybe pedi's (I need one Meg, humor me).
- Summer is in full swing and I need a swimsuit! Fun stuff. NOT! Thank goodness Meg will be here to help me find something and give me an honest opinion. I have never bought a maternity suit before and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm sure everything will be pretty picked over, but maybe I'll get lucky.
- Does anyone else think the Bachelorette is kinda weird? I have been sucked in to this nonsense and am irritated by Jillian every Monday night. Personally, I would have kept Reid last night. Not too sure about her decision to keep Ed... really curious to see how this will pan out and if she'll find love. One great thing about this show is that it reminds me how incredibly blessed I am to have the husband I do.
Posted by Alison at 9:19 AM