Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello October!

I LOVE October!

I love fall! I love driving up to Julian to see the leaves changing on the trees (because I live in SD and you just don't see that here) and of course for their famous apple pie. I love breaking out my fall decorations (which would have been up already had it not been for our upcoming move). And I LOVE my pumpkin spice lattes from Starbuck's. mmmmm.

But this month is going to be crazy!

We have a new house to paint starting on the 11th (do you like to paint? We're having a painting party ya know...), we move in on the 17th (do you like heavy labor? Free pizza for all!), I have 2 weddings (one of which I am in) on the 25th and the 30th, and of course trick or treating with the kids and our friends and all their kids the 31st. This is on top of homeschooling, field trips, consults with brides, leading a Bible study, and life in general.

Times like these I wish I were rich and could hire someone to help. Just to cook meals, run errands, clean my house, walk the dog, etc.

Pray I survive October! :)

************
I have been meditating on this verse all week:

"If you enter your place of worship and are about to make an offering, but you suddenly remember a grudge a friend has against you, abandon your offering, leave immediately, go to this friend and make things right. Then and only then, come back and work things out with God" (Matthew 5:23-24 Msg)
*************

In our couples small group there are 3 of us that are preg right now! Its so fun! We are all due around the same time and we're all having GIRLS!

These are also my Twilight girls (minus Jeannie). That is a whole different post, but yes, we're obsessed like 15 year old teens.

*************

Happy October!!!

6 comments:

Trac~ said...

Hi there! Stopping by to say hello from SITS and say congrats on your new baby girl to be! I love your website and you have such a beautiful family! Good luck on the homeschooling and have a great day! Big hugs! Trac~ :o)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love fall, too!

And, holy cow you are going to be busy...but much congratulations on your new home!

mommywonderland said...

You sound really busy but with all fun stuff!! I do love fall, miss the WA turning of the trees but enjoyed my day at the beach today!! Let me know about your twilight obsessions because I am so addicted! Please keep me in the loop when you go see that movie, IM GAME!

jmt said...

You three are gorgeous pregnant gals. I never could master that whole "look good, feel good" during pregnancy. I generally FELT okay...but also felt like I looked like a swollen balloon. And don't ask how balloons, which are filled with air anyhow, feel swollen. But that was me! :)

I am visiting from SITS roll call, I checked in directly below you and am grateful I did. I love the quote you've been meditating on, and I also really enjoy the off to the right about moments from God and rocks. I need these today. So I thank you. Happy Friday.

Rebecca said...

I love fall too. The leaves changing was one of the things I missed most about WV when I lived in Los Angeles - I did not miss the snow that follows though - ha!

Happy packing!

Taryn said...

I feel yah girl. Our October is going to be crazy too. This is probably my fave month, but it's going to go by fast. :P Let me know if you want to try and squeeze in a trip up to Julian one of these days. I could go for some cider and pie!